Sunday, July 11, 2010

Just Cute Bears #25 - Sketch...

Time for a new challenge from Just Cute Bears!
This week we have a fabulous sketch from the lovely Helen, great sketch Helen! I have added it to my little sketch book :)
I have tried something different for a change, with minimal colouring too! I drew inspiration from the piece of white printed Kraft I found in my scrap box. It was the perfect size for my
6 x 6 card and the sketch!
I have stamped the FF image onto Kraft with brown ink and I have also stamped little flowers over the Kraft horizontal strip with white then brown ink.
The other new thing I have tried is using embossing powder to edge the cardstock for a distressed look! I think I was a bit heavy handed with the ink on the horizontal strip!! but it did'nt go too bad around the main image and I like the look so I will have to try it again :)
What do you think???
We have the fabulous Meljen Designs as our sponsor's this week and one lucky winner will receive 3 cute teddy images :)

Do check out the Just Cute Bears blog to see all fabulous DT cards and I look forward to seeing all your teddy creations x

Thanks for looking xx

11 comments:

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Hi Jenny,this is a fabby card.So different from what you normally do ,but it has turned out lovely.The white against the Kraft cardstock is very striking.Elisa.x

Helen said...

Stunning card Jenny - I love the white on Kraft! The embossing powder edging looks fab...I've done that using red and gold before on Christmas cards when I couldn't find the right colour inkpads! lol
Glad you liked my sketch :0)
Helen x

Cathy said...

This is just stunning Jenny. Fab idea to stamp directly on to Kraft.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Annie said...

fabulous creation Jenny and I love your white distress embossing around the edges!
enjoy the rest of your day.
hugs, annie x

coops said...

this is fabulous jenny, the kraft paper is fab and love the embossed edges.gives your card a real distressed look.love it.
xx coops xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jenny.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Jenny...love the white on the kraft card and the embossing round the edges looks fab...must have a go at that!

Hope you've had a good day
Take care
San x

Sonia said...

Love the effect you have managed with your card.
Hugs Sonia xx

Kat said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. Love the idea of stamping on Kraft. The embossing looks really good too.

Kat xx

Sarah said...

Jenny this card is just stunning! I love the stamped kraft card, so effective and I love the stamped strip you added too.
xx :0)

Tammi said...

Oooohh love this pretty design, gorgeous background and I just love those FF bears!